Saturday, January 19, 2013

In schindlers list what does the girl in the red coat symbolise ?

Q. I've just watched it
Great movie
But can't understand why the whole film is black and White but this girls coat is red ?

A. This answer is my own opinion and not philosophical.When the red coat first appeared it highlighted the brutality of the rounding up of those targeted by the Nazis. They spared no one, men, women, grandmothers, grandfather,aunts, uncles cousins, and yes even little girls in their best clothes.If I am not mistaken, the red coated girl re appears briefly a few more times. By that time the coat was firmly implanted in Schindler's mind and obviously haunted him, perhaps driving him on. When the little red coat was finally seen a last time it was in a pile of discarded clothing. Maybe the futility of his efforts haunted him but yet he continued.

As far as the black and white filming. Some of the most powerful movies in our time were filmed with colour. It is difficult to do but the resulting effect is a cold forbidding atmosphere. Almost a feeling of doom and hopelessness. Schindler's list viewer knew this wasn't a comedy. The dark nature and ugliness of the events was immediately magnified.The red coat drove the point home. When I first saw the movie in a theatre, there was an audible gasp from the audience when the final image of red was shown. A powerful film, a powerful message and a lesson for what we see around us today.

Guys do you prefer a naturally pretty or a girl who wears tons of makeup but is a little bit prettier?
Q. Would you rather date a girl who is naturally pretty (wears no or little makeup) or a girl who coats on the eyeliner wears tons of makeup but still looks prettier.

A. naturally pretty
then when they complain about not having time to put on makeup, you can compliment them without lying

Where can I find faux fur hooded coats online?
Q. Where can I find cute fitted teen girl coats with fur on the hood online?

Links please!

A. Hollister, American Eagle, and Abercrombie usually has them but I seen cute ones at Pac Sun.

What should I buy for my angel?
Q. I signed up for JCPenny's adopt an angel program, and I am trying to figure out what to get my angel. My angel is an 11 year old girl that wants a radio alarm clock and a girls coat size 14. I want to get her the best alarm clock possible for the cheapest price, and I want to be able to buy it at a store (Sears, Penny's, etc) and not online. Any ideas?

A. Try Ross, Walmart or target



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment