Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Is there a significance to the color red for Jewish girls?

Q. When most people think of a little Jewish girl wearing a red coat, Schindler's List is the first thing that comes to mind. But I have noticed little girls wearing red coats in Jewish families and communities in several movies and TV shows. Is this just a nod to Schindler's List by the entertainment industry, or does it have religious significance?

A. There is no traditional significance.
Spielberg, the film's director, put the little girl in red because red is an eye-catching color and he wanted the girl to be memorable.
If you see other little girls in red, you are noticing them simply because red is a memorable color. You aren't happening to notice all the little Jewish girls who wear other colors.

.

What does it mean to get a sign made up?
Q. In How I met your mother Marshall calls coat check girl a coat wench. And she answers "I like it, coat wench, I should get a sign made up"
Did she mean that she needs a coat wench sign?

A. Yes. In this particular case, maybe a small sign to put on the coat check counter.

I have a brand new girls winter coat I would like give to someone. How can I find where to take it to? ?
Q. I bought a winter coat for my cousin when the went on clearance back in February. The coat is now too small for her. I can't return it, so I would like to find one of those charitable businesses that give away free coats. I five in Indiana, near Indianapolis. Can you help me find someplace to take it?

A. I would take it to CARA Charities, or any of these other ones listed here! Its at 2915 N High School Rd Indianapolis, IN 46224. God bless!

Where can I find a girls Dora explorer coat?
Q. Does anybody know of any store or website that carry a Dora the Explorer girls winter coat in an 18 month or 24 months size? I have tried Walmart, Target ,Sears, JC Penney, Kmart, Ebay, Amazon, and any local mall in my area. My niece loves Dora and I am trying to find her a Dora coat for christmas. thanks,

A. http://www.twenga.co.uk/offer/5806/5628617562154679268.html
http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=63178&CatID=63178&Grptyp=PRD&ItemId=1506fb5&siteID=210054843

Those are two coats I found. And I also found a set online of hat, scarf, and gloves, which I just thought were super cute!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001IADMDS/ref=nosim/?tag=nextag-apparel-tier1-delta-20&creative=380333&creativeASIN=B001IADMDS&linkCode=asn

Hope this helps!
:)



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment